Saturday, October 8, 2011

We LOVE fall!!

Oh how I love the fall!!! In Michigan summer was always my favorite, but in the south it is definetely fall! 80 degrees and still having leaves change color is perfect! LD and I took the girls to the mountains today to Sky Top Orchards to pick some apples! We were when Clare was 14 months, but we had not been back since!

We had to start the day with some famous cider donuts as requested by Clare!


Followed by some serious play time!




Then it was time to get serious about the apple pickin'





And of course we had to measure to see how much we've grown before leaving!

I wish so badly there were more pictures to share.....or to say that was the perfect ending to our day...but we had a little drama before heading home!  As we prepared to eat lunch and head home I realized I had lost my small purse.  It must have fallen out the stroller and it was gone.  At this point we had been there for an hour and 45 minutes and had covered a good mile radius between playing and apple picking.  The next 2 hours were spent retracing all our steps on the side of the mountain, while carrying 2 very sleepy girls.  As we were both about ready to give up hope I found it!!! 

The funniest and sweetest part of the day was when I was a little...ok, a lot teary eyed about the whole ordeal and Clare asked me if I was crying.  I told her I was very sad and she was extremely persistent about my emotions and asked if I had "raindrops running down my cheeks."  (Which I did not as I was not crying quite that hard!)  When we found my purse she told me it was a great surprise because she prayed I would find it.  She is the sweetest!

It was a great day, but extremely exhausting and the girls were in bed by 7:15...sleeping sweetly with dreams of apple pickin!

No comments: