Sunday, May 23, 2010

Saturday Project

The pictures came out backwards, but here is the finished product!

Clare working hard!!!

Practicing sitting at her table



Before pic!


LD often gets scared when we don't have a full busy weekend planned because it doesn't happen often, and when it does, I usually have a secret plan! Like most families our summer weekends get filled up so fast, so when I know we have a weekend at home I usually send LD an email Friday afternoon with some thoughts on some projects and how I think our weekend should be spent :)

So this past weekend had two projects I wanted to get done. LD picked one and the other is being saved for when my in laws are here next weekend (sorry Dad!). LD's boss and his wife had offered us a wooden activity table that they had used for their children. (They also gave us a changing table and crib when we had Clare...we are SO thankful for them!!) So Mother's Day weekend we picked it up! Clare is moving to a bigger room this summer and we are in the beginning stages of changing her room and the little table is going into the new room, but I wanted to paint it white!

I did not realize at 9:30 am when we set out to Home Depot that the project would not be completed until 9:30pm, but we got it done!! We sanded, (I) primed and painted for many hours but the finished project is GREAT!! Clare loves it and I can't wait to get the rest of her big girl room set up!

No comments: