Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving and early Christmas!!

Oh my heavens this blog post has stressed me out.  After 4 years of blogging, I reached the limit of photos I could add to my blog.  The only way to continue was to start paying (which I wasn't going to do).  So...I had to be creative and erase early blog posts of Clare's birth and save them in a word document so I could move on.  All the to say....I can finally blog about our trip and upcoming fun holiday season!!
 
 
There isn't much of a way to blog about 10 days in Michigan, a 11 hr car ride, seeing my newly married sis and bro in law after 8 months, and celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas with two families (sigh) without a lot of pictures.  So....here goes our adventure!!
 
This was a first for my dad, but all 3 of his daughters were at Dundee Baptist Church with him on a Sunday morning to be a part of his congregation.  It was a sweet memory for us all to be together.

 
 
And who would have thought, but Michigan weather was CRAZY warm while we were there.  We hit temps in the high 50s!!!


So we enjoyed lots of time outside!


We even went to the Toledo zoo to see the lights one night.  It was a fun experience and the girls loved seeing the animals at night.  The lights were great too.  But I have to say if it hadn't been 50 degrees I dont think we would have attempted the adventure.


While we were at Grammie and Papa's the girls really get to do anything they want.  Things that mommy won't let them do they totally get away with...like eating breakfast and watching tv every morning, and drinking hot chocolate whenever they desire.  It's the simple things in life!


And my dad surprised Clare wih a sweet cross necklace (its hard to see in the pic) to help her remember her decision to ask Jesus in her heart!!!


We also did lots of baking...
 
And playing...


And decorating..


And more decorating!


Since we celebrated both Christmas and Thanksgiving we had a LOT of good treats, which didn't end up working out so well for this very preggo mama.

We really pretended like it was Christmas complete with new jammies from Grammie!
 
I was so lucky to meet up with these sweet ladies from high school and their kiddos!!


At LD's parents Clare got to go to preschool in style with her Aunt Lynnie.  I mean who would have thought this was Michigan mid November!



But I think all 4 of us can agree the highlight of our trip was just playing with cousins


And more cousins...


And more cousins...

 
And more cousins...


And more cousins....

 
We are SO blessed by two great families between LD and I.  I am so thankful the girls have cousins who love to play with them, both young and old.  It is SUCH a huge treat to be able to head home and spend time together with family!  To think the next time we head home we will be a family of FIVE - oh my!!!







 



 






 

No comments: