Thursday, May 24, 2012

A little paint goes a long way

We have been in our new home almost two months!  There are SO many things I want to do and projects I have in mind.  But I am trying (REALLY HARD) to be mindful to our budget and mindful to LD's leading that I need to slow down.  So the only projects I have taken on have been painting projects, because paint is cheap!!  But I am happy with the way things are looking!


Fireplace before:


 Fireplace after:


Dining Room before, please notice the one extra large stripe....

 Dining Room after (hopefully the next pic will include some furniture!) :)

 LD's Man Cave before....

 And after!  My friend Kirsten came and drew with chalk on the wall and I painted it.  I'm so happy with how it turned out.  This room still has a lot of work,  but the painted wall is fun!

 The copper backsplash before.  Let me just say I LOVE the whole copper/tin look for a kitchen, but it just was not working in there for me.  To the point that it was making me slightly crazy!!


 And after!!  This was the project that made me the most nervous, but I'm happy with how it turned out.  I still hope to add a new backsplash, but now I feel like I can wait a few years before it needs to be done.



Our home is starting to really feel like ours!!!  We are loving it!!  The projects are never ending though.  Next its on to the girls rooms!!

No comments: